Kill this Mediocrity

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

TheThrone

I came across this old lyrical expression I wrote a while back. This poem is about entering into God's presence with your fears and insecurities.

I enter into this threshold with my frailty in my hands and my humanity in my heart. Inadequate and confused, I find myself encased in disillusionment. I am captive to my finite world. Looking through a shattered glass window I can see my gift of today, my hopes for tomorrow, and the remedy of eternity. I feel failure as I grasp for it. I am wondering in the memories of yesterday. I am chained to the past. The face of present reality leaves me motionless and afraid. It cuts deep. I am standing at your doorstep unsure of what is to come….As I enter into your court with my clouded mind and heavy heart.... So it fades. So my darkness fades quickly away and I see your splendor and all its grace….You opened my eyes, my eyes that I stitched close. You melted this heart of stone that I held so near. You wiped away every tear that poured down in my insecurities. Your light illuminated.

No comments: