Kill this Mediocrity

Monday, February 11, 2008

Its time to wake up...

I want to change the world...I want to make an impact. With whatever my skills, my talents, or characteristics are I want to be a Vessel used by my God. This is something that burns in my heart. As I try to write down my emotions its hard to fully grasp the intensity of this desire. Yes, there is a lot of confusion. A lot of sins and stumbling blocks are in my way to attain such an aspiration, but it burns. Burns like a fire. "I want to set the West in flames. I want to watch the East put hell to shame. I want to hear the words, 'the South is on fire', and I want to set the North ablaze..." Revival is around the corner. God is going to move beyond our wildest imaginations. Its on the bridge. I can feel it. I can feel it. Yes, this is an emotional feeling. But its also a part of reality. Its real. If we can only grasp that its real. I want to be a part of that. I want to do what I can to shake this world up. Yes, this society is a rebellious entity of failing human nature and a caskate of finite, flaw-filled ideas. The people who make up this melting pot of distorted worldviews and resulting chaos are searching. They are searching for something new. Something different. Something that will blow them out of their mediocre, insecure, wasted out of their mind, lives. They turn to things that they only hope will fullfill them. They smoke and inhale the fumes of substances that will take them away from the reality that they created. They try to find fullfillment in each other through physical experiments and interaction with others who are searching for the same thing. They get drunk and lock themselves up in a cage of supressed thinking so they don't have to think about their insecurities and problems. Others fill their heart with greed. They hope to find satisfaction and happiness in green paper and monitary, material items.These people need Jesus. That is what they are looking for. These people have potential. That is what we need to realize. Do we realize that? Are we willing to accept the fact that we are not doing what we can to help these people who are out brothers and sisters? Or are we dealing with the same insecureities as they are? Maybe we are too focused on ourselves, trying to satisfy our God shaped whole with the same elements they are? I am determined to live my life as Jesus would have lived His. I don't care how it makes me feel. I don't care what others say, think, or do. I am going to be the leader. Not a shaken up, insecure, confused Christian. I want to change this upsidedown, messed up, screwed-over world of people that Jesus died for. That is why I was born. I am nothing special. I am not God's gift to the world. I just want others to know about God's gift to the world. I'm not going to wait on the world to change. It doesn't want to change."Men love the darkness" they are in because "their deeds are evil". I am done waiting. This time its personal. This time, I am not going to watch my friends mess up there lives with drugs, sex, alcohol, and the stupid ideas of society that lead people away from what they need the most. I am done watching people suffer with out a loving Saviour, who is crying and heart broken because they are not turning to Him. Its time to take a stand. Its time to make a differnence. Its time to move beyond the cliche sayings and empty words of an ever increasing complacent Christian worldview. If we don't the blood of our brothers and sisters will be on our hands. We will be the ones to blame. Its time to start a fire...

No comments: